New York Burn Injury Attorney
Helping Burn Victims Recover Compensation in New York
Severe burns are considered one of the most painful and debilitating injuries a person can suffer. In addition to the physical pain, burns can cause permanent disfigurement and disability. The emotional and psychological trauma of a burn injury can be just as devastating as the physical injuries.
At The Paris Law Group, PC, we understand the profound effect a burn injury can have on a person's life. Our New York burn injury lawyers are dedicated to helping burn victims recover the full, fair compensation they deserve. We are prepared to fight for you.
Call The Paris Law Group, PC today at (888) 365-4940 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our burn injury lawyer in New York.
Common Causes of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries can result from various accidents, each presenting unique challenges and legal considerations. Understanding the common causes helps lay the foundation for building a strong case on your behalf. Some common causes of burn injuries may include:
- Workplace Accidents: Burn injuries often occur in industrial settings or construction sites due to chemical exposures, electrical malfunctions, or fires. Employers are responsible for keeping a safe working environment, and if negligence leads to a burn injury, we can fiercely represent your interests.
- Traffic Accidents: Car crashes, motorcycle accidents, or truck collisions can lead to fires, causing severe burn injuries.
- Defective Products: Malfunctioning appliances, faulty electronics, or defective industrial equipment can result in devastating burn injuries.
- Premises Liability: Property owners must ensure their premises are safe for visitors. Negligence in maintaining electrical systems, gas lines, or fire safety measures can lead to burn injuries.
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Burn Injury Claim?
A burn injury can have profound physical, emotional, and financial consequences. Pursuing a comprehensive range of damages is crucial to ensuring you receive fair compensation for the harm you've endured. Damages that could be recovered may include:
- Medical Expenses: Compensation may cover current and future medical bills, including surgeries, rehabilitation, and ongoing medical care related to your burn injury.
- Lost Wages and Future Earnings: Burn injuries often result in extended periods of recovery, leading to lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: The emotional toll of a burn injury is significant. Compensation for pain, suffering, and emotional distress is critical to your claim.
- Property Damage: If your personal belongings had been damaged in the incident, you may be eligible for compensation to repair or replace them.
- Punitive Damages: In instances of extreme negligence or willful misconduct, punitive damages may be pursued to punish the responsible party and discourage similar behavior.
What is the Statute of Limitation for a Burn Injury Claim in New York?
Time is of the essence when pursuing a burn injury claim in New York. The statute of limitations inflicts a deadline within which legal action must be initiated. In the state of New York, the statute of limitations for personal injury, including burn injuries, is generally three years from the date of the incident. However, exceptions may apply, and it is crucial to consult with our New York burn injury lawyers promptly to preserve your right to seek compensation.
Contact Our Burn Injury Lawyer in New York Today
At the Paris Law Group, PC, our New York burn injury attorneys possess the knowledge and tenacity to navigate the intricacies of these claims. We understand the challenges you face, and we are committed to securing the compensation you deserve. We'll assess the details of your case, outline your legal options, and work tirelessly to reach the best possible result for you and your loved ones. Trust us to be the unwavering advocate you need during this challenging time.
Contact The Paris Law Group, PC, today to get started with our New York burn injury attorney.
Slip and Fall $14.4 MILLION
Slip & Fall $11 Million
A well-known cellist was awarded almost $11 million after a slip and fall in a gourmet food market that resulted in injuries that now hamper her ability to play the instrument.
Pedestrian Knockdown $2.8 Million
The client was a pedestrian crossing the street when she was hit by a yellow school bus making a left-hand turn. As a result of the impact, she was forced to fall to the ground and sustained an injury to her shoulder and lower back, both of which resulted in surgeries.
Slip and Fall $2.7 MILLION
Struck by a Bag of Cement $2.6 MILLION
Construction Accident $2.5 Million
We were able to win a jury verdict of $2,500,000 after a pretrial offer of $150,000 for our client who sustained injuries from a construction accident.
Bus Accident $2.1 MILLION
Bus Accident $2.1 Million
A mediated settlement was reached on the eve of trial on behalf of the client who was a driver of a motor vehicle which was struck in the rear by a bus.
Pedestrian Accident $2 Million
The client, a young boy, was crossing the street near his home on Staten Island when he slipped on ice in the roadway and was hit by a car.
Car Accident $1.7 Million
The client was an ambulance driver responding to an emergency call. While in the process of making a left-hand turn with the ambulance lights and sirens in operation, he was struck by a vehicle going straight.