New York Product Liability Lawyer
Holding Companies Accountable for Defective Products
Manufacturers, retail sellers, and those involved in the chain of a product’s distribution may be held liable for manufacturing, designing, and/or selling products that injure innocent people due to flaws in the products’ designs, manufacturing, or distribution.
A defective product is one that’s design, manufacturing, or marketing is flawed and, as a result, can cause injury. These defects are generally unintentional. However, those responsible for causing an injury can and should be held accountable.
At The Paris Law Group, PC, our New York product liability lawyer has spent nearly 25 years trying cases on behalf of severely injured individuals. In that time, he has successfully secured millions of dollars on behalf of his clients. If you were injured or if your loved one was killed after using a defective product, our firm can provide the compassionate, personalized counsel you need and the aggressive advocacy you deserve.
Call (888) 365-4940 today or contact us online for a free, no-obligation consultation regarding your personal injury case.
What Makes a Product Defective?
In the most general terms, a product is defective if it contains a flaw that inhibits the product’s ability to function properly or makes it inherently unreasonably unsafe for normal, typical use.
There are three primary types of product defects:
- Design Defects: These occur at the beginning stages of production when a product is being initially designed. If the design of a product makes it unreasonably dangerous and the risks outweigh the benefits, it could have a design defect.
- Manufacturing Defects: These defects occur during the actual production stage and typically involve some error or contamination introduced during manufacturing that renders the product unreasonably unsafe or faulty.
- Labeling/Marketing Defects: These occur when a product lacks proper safety warnings, instructions, and other important labels or when a product is improperly advertised or marketed for off-label use.
Some of the most commonly defective products include automobiles and auto parts, such as tires, seatbelts, or airbags. Other defective products include pharmaceutical drugs, medical devices, children’s toys, household appliances, tools, heavy machinery, and more.
Our Product Liability Services
The field of products liability law is complex and requires extensive experience and keen attention to detail. That is why it is so important that you consult with The Paris Law Group, PC, an experienced products liability law firm in New York. We are ready to take on any corporation or product manufacturer/distributor on behalf of our clients.
We offer our assistance to those injured by all types of defective and dangerous products, including:
- Defective Medical Devices: Medical devices such as hip implants, transvaginal mesh, and others are supposed to help people, but can end up severely diminishing their quality of life when they are defective.
- Defective Drugs: Defective prescription drugs can cause very serious and even fatal injuries. Common defective drugs include selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), birth control medications, heart medications, blood thinners, testosterone medications, and more.
- Automobiles: Poorly designed automobiles can lead to rollovers, roof crushes, and other serious accidents. Additionally, defective auto parts like seatbelts, airbags, braking systems, steering systems, accelerators, and others can have disastrous consequences.
Our firm is equipped to handle any type of product liability claim. We know how to investigate these cases and often work with a team of experts—including medical professionals, accident reconstructionists, economists, and expert witnesses—to build powerful, comprehensive legal strategies for our clients.
Most of all, we truly care about you and your recovery. At The Paris Law Group, PC, our goal is to do everything possible to help you heal and make you whole.
If you or a loved one has sustained serious injuries due to a defective product, call us at (888) 365-4940 to discuss your options with a knowledgeable New York product liability lawyer.
Our Clients Always Come FirstHear From Our Past Clients
Small Firm. Big Numbers.Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients and Counting
Slip and Fall $14.4 MILLION
Slip & Fall $11 Million
A well-known cellist was awarded almost $11 million after a slip and fall in a gourmet food market that resulted in injuries that now hamper her ability to play the instrument.
Pedestrian Knockdown $2.8 Million
The client was a pedestrian crossing the street when she was hit by a yellow school bus making a left-hand turn. As a result of the impact, she was forced to fall to the ground and sustained an injury to her shoulder and lower back, both of which resulted in surgeries.
Slip and Fall $2.7 MILLION
Struck by a Bag of Cement $2.6 MILLION
Construction Accident $2.5 Million
We were able to win a jury verdict of $2,500,000 after a pretrial offer of $150,000 for our client who sustained injuries from a construction accident.
Bus Accident $2.1 MILLION
Bus Accident $2.1 Million
A mediated settlement was reached on the eve of trial on behalf of the client who was a driver of a motor vehicle which was struck in the rear by a bus.
Pedestrian Accident $2 Million
The client, a young boy, was crossing the street near his home on Staten Island when he slipped on ice in the roadway and was hit by a car.
Car Accident $1.7 Million
The client was an ambulance driver responding to an emergency call. While in the process of making a left-hand turn with the ambulance lights and sirens in operation, he was struck by a vehicle going straight.