New York Car Accident Lawyer
Millions Recovered for Our Clients! Get a Free Consultation.
At The Paris Law Group, PC, we take pride in calling our clients our friends, and we zealously represent them as such. Our founding partner, Jason Paris, handles every aspect of each case so that our clients can concentrate on what’s most important: treating their injuries and improving their lives.
If you were injured in a car accident, we can help you through every stage of the legal process. This includes an in-depth investigation into the cause of your car accident and the extent of your injuries. We prepare every accident case with the utmost care so we will be ready to protect your interests in negotiations with the insurance companies and, if necessary, at trial.
Contact our New York auto accident attorney online or call our office at (888) 365-4940 to request a free consultation. Se habla español.
When to Get a Car Accident Attorney in New York
Due to New York's "no fault" accident laws, if you were involved in a car crash, you would first pursue compensation for any injuries or other damages you sustained from your own insurance provider. Unfortunately, your own insurance company may not have your best interests at heart after an accident.
You should call an experienced NYC car accident lawyer if you are facing any of the following issues:
- Your damages exceed the limits of your insurance policy
- Your insurance provider is disputing some of your claimed damages
- You are being sued by another motorist involved in the accident
- Your accident involved a commercial or government vehicle
Even if your claim appears to be proceeding smoothly, it may still be in your best interests to consult an attorney. There could be potential problems under the surface that may make your claim difficult down the road. At The Paris Law Group, PC, our team of attorneys and staff have helped many clients just like you navigate the complexities of New York auto accident claims. We are happy to provide guidance during a free consultation!
Handling All Types of Motor Vehicle Accidents
We are a New York City law firm committed to representing auto accident victims who have suffered serious and catastrophic injuries. We also represent the surviving family members of individuals who have lost their lives in tragic car accidents in Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, and all other New York boroughs.
Our New York car accident attorney handles cases involving all types of motor vehicle accidents, including:
- Hit-and-Run Accidents: When a motorist fails to stop after causing or being involved in an accident, this is known as a “hit and run.” We help victims of hit-and-run accidents seek compensation and justice.
- Distracted Driving Accidents: Our New York car accident lawyer can help you seek compensation if you were injured by a driver who was texting, eating, or otherwise distracted while driving.
- Drunk Driving Accidents: If you or your loved one was hit by a drunk driver, our firm can help you seek the fair recovery you are owed.
- Accidents with Uninsured Drivers: We can help you get the coverage and compensation you need after an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- Rear-End Collisions: We assist both rear and front drivers in rear-end collision claims and can determine who was at fault for your damages.
- Side-Impact Crashes: Also known as T-bone accidents, side-impact collisions can have devastating consequences. Our firm represents victims of these accidents in seeking recovery.
- Head-On Collisions: When two vehicles collide head-on, the results are nearly always catastrophic. We can help you seek the fair financial recovery you are owed.
- Fatal Accidents: If you lost a loved one in a fatal crash, we can help. We understand what you are facing during this difficult time, and we can help you hold the negligent driver accountable for your loss.
This is not a complete list; if you were injured in any type of car accident in New York, turn to the team at The Paris Law Group, PC for the dedicated and compassionate legal representation you deserve. Our Car accident attorney in New York City is ready to guide you. We serve clients throughout NYC, Harrison, and surrounding areas.
What are Common Car Accident Injuries?
Being in a car accident can be extremely jarring and frightening. No matter if it's a serious accident or a fender bender, you can experience not only physical but psychological injuries. If you were in an accident, getting the help of a New York car accident lawyer is paramount. You never know when that "minor" injury turns into something much worse. Here are some common injuries from a car accident:
- Broken bones
- Neck injuries
- Back/Spinal injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Brain injuries
Who Is Liable for a Car Accident?
Determining who is legally liable for a car accident depends largely on fault—the at-fault party will almost always be the person who is also legally liable for the resulting damages. But what if more than one person or party was to blame?
Under New York’s comparative negligence rules, you are permitted to file a personal injury claim and seek damages even if you were partly at fault for an accident. And because the state follows a rule of pure comparative negligence, you do not need to prove that the other person/party was more to blame than you in order to recover compensation. However, your total recovery will be reduced by whatever percentage of fault you are assigned.
For example, if a jury decides that you were 20% at fault for an accident, you will only be able to recover up to 80% of the total amount you would have otherwise been able to receive if you were not to blame whatsoever.
Call (888) 365-4940 to set up a free initial consultation with a New York car accident attorney at The Paris Law Group. We are backed by nearly 25 years of experience in personal injury law.
What Damages Are Recoverable if I'm Injured in a Car Crash in NYC?
If you were injured in a car accident, you may file a claim to seek compensation for economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages compensate victims who face financial losses and expenses that are related to the car accident.
Examples of economic losses:
- Current and future medical bills (including, but not limited to transportation to medical care, cost of hospital stay, follow-up care, medical equipment, therapy, etc.)
- Cost of repairing property
- Cost of replacing property
- Lost income due to inability to work due to injuries from the accident
- Loss of future income due to injuries caused by the accident
Non-economic damages do not have a set value -- the compensation is for the extreme physical pain and emotional suffering that you may have experienced.
Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disfigurement and/or scarring
What to Do After a Car Accident
There are some definite “do’s and don’ts” to follow after being involved in a car wreck. Doing the wrong thing or failing to do the right thing can make getting any recovery from the accident much more difficult.
If you have been in an accident is important to remember the following:
- While at the scene, take pictures of the position of the vehicles, license plate numbers, skid marks, etc.
- Notify your insurance company that you were involved in an accident as soon as as practical. Prior to notifying them, however, take the time to read and understand your car insurance policy, what it covers and excludes in an accident.
- When you speak to an insurance agent, jot down notes as you speak and write down the contact information of those to whom you speak, including supervisors.
- Remember that some additional coverage may be provided under a homeowner’s policy or credit card; investigate all potential sources.
- Tell the truth to the police and your insurer. Lying can only get you in trouble and may result in coverage being denied.
- Keep receipts for expenses related to injuries, treatment and pursuit of your claim. This may include tolls, lodging, meals and other costs.
- Insurance companies always throw out lowball offers first. Don’t take the bait.
- Contact a New York auto accident attorney to explore your legal options.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accidents
After suffering through a motor vehicle accident, especially one that has resulted in an injury, you will likely be weighed down by uncertainty and fear. The best step you can take will be to ask questions and get answers. Here, we have provided answers to some of the most common questions that we receive. We hope that this will help you have a clearer idea of what to expect and a direction for where your case may go. If you have more questions that aren't addressed below, feel free to reach out to our New York car accident attorney at (888) 365-4940.
How long do I have to file my car accident claim?
After the accident, you will have three years to file the claim. The timer will start the day of the accident, and you will then have three years to bring about the claim against the private party. If, however, the claim is against a government entity, you will only have three months to file a document called a Notice of Claim. After that is filed, you have a year and ninety days to take action. For guidance with your claim, contact a car accident attorney in New York City at The Paris Law Group.
How long will the case take to complete?
No two cases are alike, which means that the timeframe will also be different from case to case. On average, a case can take anywhere from one to three years to resolve. As a general principle, the more complex your case is, the longer it will take to settle.
Will I have to go to court?
Not every case will need to go to trial. In fact, most cases stay out of court and are handled through settlement. If a case must go to trial, however, our New York auto accident attorney will prepare it to do so.
What if a vehicle malfunction caused my accident?
When it comes to litigation for an automobile accident, there may be numerous players involved. In some cases, the vehicle manufacturer may be held liable for the accident if there was a malfunction to the car prior to the accident, such as tire blowout, brake failure, or mechanical failure. In this case, you will likely need to file a product liability claim.
What if the at-fault driver does not have insurance or their insurance is inadequate?
In this case, the victim of the accident may be able to make a claim under his or her own auto insurance policy. This is referred to as UM/SUM coverage and is utilized in these sorts of circumstances.
Get the Experienced Legal Support You Need
Motor vehicle accidents are complex events that call for experienced legal assistance. When you choose The Paris Law Group, PC to represent you, you can rest assured that we have the resources and knowledge you need. Our New York car accident attorney works with accident reconstruction experts, vocational rehabilitation specialists, and other professionals to fully develop each case.
We offer legal services in English, Spanish, and Russian. We also provide free initial consultations and contingency fees, meaning you do not owe any upfront expenses and we only collect attorneys’ fees if and when we win your case. Get in touch with a car accident attorney in New York City today.
Call our New York car accident attorney at (888) 365-4940 today to request a complimentary case evaluation.
Our Clients Always Come FirstHear From Our Past Clients
Small Firm. Big Numbers.Millions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients and Counting
Slip and Fall $14.4 MILLION
Slip & Fall $11 Million
A well-known cellist was awarded almost $11 million after a slip and fall in a gourmet food market that resulted in injuries that now hamper her ability to play the instrument.
Pedestrian Knockdown $2.8 Million
The client was a pedestrian crossing the street when she was hit by a yellow school bus making a left-hand turn. As a result of the impact, she was forced to fall to the ground and sustained an injury to her shoulder and lower back, both of which resulted in surgeries.
Slip and Fall $2.7 MILLION
Struck by a Bag of Cement $2.6 MILLION
Construction Accident $2.5 Million
We were able to win a jury verdict of $2,500,000 after a pretrial offer of $150,000 for our client who sustained injuries from a construction accident.
Bus Accident $2.1 Million
A mediated settlement was reached on the eve of trial on behalf of the client who was a driver of a motor vehicle which was struck in the rear by a bus.
Bus Accident $2.1 MILLION
Pedestrian Accident $2 Million
The client, a young boy, was crossing the street near his home on Staten Island when he slipped on ice in the roadway and was hit by a car.
Car Accident $1.7 Million
The client was an ambulance driver responding to an emergency call. While in the process of making a left-hand turn with the ambulance lights and sirens in operation, he was struck by a vehicle going straight.