New York Amputation Lawyer
Helping Victims of Amputation Injuries in New York
Amputation injuries are among the most severe and life-altering types of injuries a person can suffer. The loss of a limb can result in permanent disability, the need for lifelong medical care, and the inability to work and earn a living. If you have suffered from an amputation injury due to someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses.
At The Paris Law Group, PC, our amputation attorneys in New York are committed to helping victims of negligence fight for the justice and recovery they are owed. We understand the immense physical, emotional, and financial tolls these injuries can take, and we are prepared to help you navigate the legal process ahead.
Contact The Paris Law Group, PC, today at (888) 365-4940 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our amputation attorney in New York.
Common Causes Of Amputations
Amputation accidents encompass a wide range of injuries, each with unique challenges. From workplace incidents and motor vehicle collisions to medical malpractice, the causes of amputations are diverse. Common injuries leading to amputations include severe crush injuries, traumatic injuries in accidents, and damage resulting from medical negligence.
- Workplace Accidents: Machinery malfunctions, inadequate safety measures, and negligence can lead to devastating workplace accidents resulting in amputation.
- Motor Vehicle Collisions: High-impact car crashes, motorcycle accidents, and pedestrian accidents can cause severe injuries, including the loss of limbs.
- Medical Malpractice: Surgical errors, misdiagnosis, and negligence in medical care can, unfortunately, result in the need for amputation.
What Damages Could Be Recovered in an Amputation Accident Claim?
The aftermath of an amputation is not only physically challenging but also imposes significant emotional and financial burdens. Pursuing a legal claim can help you recover damages that may include:
- Medical Expenses: Coverage for surgeries, rehabilitation, prosthetics, and ongoing medical care.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for income lost during the recovery period and future earning potential if the amputation affects your ability to work.
- Pain and Suffering: Damages for the physical and emotional distress resulting from the amputation and its aftermath.
- Rehabilitation Costs: Funding for physical and occupational therapy, as well as any necessary modifications to your living space.
- Loss of Consortium: Compensation for the impact of the amputation on your relationships and quality of life.
What is the Statute of Limitation for an Amputation Accident Claim in New York?
Knowing the legal timeframe within which you can file an amputation accident claim in New York is crucial. The statute of limitations varies depending on the circumstances of the case.Generally, personal injury claims, including those involving amputations, must be filed within three years of the date of the incident.
However, exceptions may apply, and determining the precise timeline for your case is essential. Delaying legal action can jeopardize your ability to seek compensation. Contacting us promptly ensures we can assess your case and initiate the legal process within the stipulated time frame.
Contact Our Amputation Attorney in New York Today
Our New York amputation lawyer at The Paris Law Group, PC, is ready to provide compassionate and effective legal representation. We will review the details of your case, explain your rights, and outline the legal options available to you. Trust us to fight for the justice and compensation you deserve.
Contact The Paris Law Group, PC, today to get started with our New York amputation lawyer.
Slip and Fall $14.4 MILLION
Slip & Fall $11 Million
A well-known cellist was awarded almost $11 million after a slip and fall in a gourmet food market that resulted in injuries that now hamper her ability to play the instrument.
Pedestrian Knockdown $2.8 Million
The client was a pedestrian crossing the street when she was hit by a yellow school bus making a left-hand turn. As a result of the impact, she was forced to fall to the ground and sustained an injury to her shoulder and lower back, both of which resulted in surgeries.
Slip and Fall $2.7 MILLION
Struck by a Bag of Cement $2.6 MILLION
Construction Accident $2.5 Million
We were able to win a jury verdict of $2,500,000 after a pretrial offer of $150,000 for our client who sustained injuries from a construction accident.
Bus Accident $2.1 MILLION
Bus Accident $2.1 Million
A mediated settlement was reached on the eve of trial on behalf of the client who was a driver of a motor vehicle which was struck in the rear by a bus.
Pedestrian Accident $2 Million
The client, a young boy, was crossing the street near his home on Staten Island when he slipped on ice in the roadway and was hit by a car.
Car Accident $1.7 Million
The client was an ambulance driver responding to an emergency call. While in the process of making a left-hand turn with the ambulance lights and sirens in operation, he was struck by a vehicle going straight.